Saturday, December 24, 2011

Reverb 11 - Travel

Where did you travel to in 2011?  Where would you like to visit in 2012?  What does traveling mean to you?

I had lots of wonderful adventures in 2011, kicking off the new year in London and Paris, returning to LA, and spending the remainder of January in NJ and NY.  At the end of February Thai Air transported me to Bangkok, Cambodia and Vietnam.  A month long excursion, perfect in so many ways.  In June, a decadent weekend in Vegas celebrating AT's birthday, lead to my first glimpse of  the Grand Canyon.  Journeyed back east for my mother's 80th birthday, and enjoyed warm summer days and nights in Manhattan.  Work became my priority in the second half of the year, curtailing my travels, but no complaints.  Jaunts to Palm Springs and Ojai to visit dear friends and walk among groves of fruit trees satiated any wanderlust.  A last minute trip to the east coast this December, to partake in family baking traditions completed a spectacular year.

Travel brings me great pleasure and joy, and soothes my intrepid impulses.  There are many more places I want to explore, but work will dictate how much, and how far I travel this year.  I'd like to go on a road trip, explore the national parks, camp, and just get lost in the vastness of America.  Craving another trip up North or perhaps South to Sayulita.  Cuba, Morocco, Africa, Laos -- so many places to experience.  The opportunities will unfold in time, hopefully there's a set visit or two among them.

No comments:

Post a Comment