Monday, December 5, 2011

Reverb 11 - Five on Five


What are 5 things you have done for yourself in 2011?

1.  I spent March in Southeast Asia
2.  I launched a production company with a fantastic partner
3.  I completed my 365 Days project
4.  I enjoyed the small victories
5.  I spent quality time with people I adore

What are 5 things you have done for others in 2011?

It's hard to know what I've done for myself and what I've done for others.   For example, a specific situation comes to mind where I thought my actions reflected my friend's best interest.  From her point of view my actions were horrific enough to end the friendship.  I've thought about that decision a lot, and I don't regret it.  She was literally crying for help, and I responded, but people can't be saved by others, only by themselves.  I try to remain open, present and nonjudgmental.  I offer my advice, and service accordingly, even if it's not always well received.

What are 5 things that held you back from doing things for others?

I won't do something for someone if I genuinely don't want to, but truthfully there's not many things I won't do for someone.  If my integrity is compromised or I feel manipulated I will hold back, but those examples are hard to come by.

What are 5 things that you want to do for yourself in 2012?

I want to continue to take photographs, perhaps commit to a specific art project
I want to take good care of myself  -- mind, body and spirit.
I want to keep living life, meeting new people, expanding my horizons.
I want to have an adventure.
I want to embrace the setbacks and victories equally.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment