Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Reverb 11 - Food

What did you eat this year that stayed with you?  Did you experiment with a new meal?  Try a new restaurant? Reflect on your good (or less desirable) eats with detail and explain why it stayed with you!


It is impossible to have a bad meal in Southeast Asia, thus, my month in Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam resulted in some of the most memorable meals in my life.  From a six course, sophisticated celebration at Bolan in Bangkok to incredibly fresh seafood in the back alley restaurant, Minh Vinh, in Hoi An, Vietnam, my palate has forever changed.  Ever since, I've had a higher tolerance for spice, and continue to seek layered ingredients that burst on the tongue like the notes of a fine wine.  Paradoxically, especially at home, my choices have become cleaner and simpler.  I juice more, like to start the morning with a protein smoothie, and eat lighter at night.  My diet is very healthy which can explain the horrific tequila hangover I experienced this weekend.  Unfortunately, the cleaner my diet, the more I suffer when veering off the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment