Thursday, December 2, 2010

Procrastination

Today's Reverb10 prompt: Writing.
What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it?


I procrastinate!!! Most of my adult life has been over scheduled, mainly due to a demanding career.   As a result chores, fun, socializing and relaxation got wedged into the crevices in between.  I was just reminded  how much I was able to accomplish in a 24 hour period when I had guests for two weeks and was planning a surprise party.  Crossing items off my To-Do list I wondered how I use to entertain AND work.  My hours were well orchestrated, not a second wasted.  Sleep was often sacrificed and I was ALWAYS tired.  In the past 15 months I've indulged in a more relaxed, unemployed lifestyle.  Sometimes I miss the pace, but more often than not I embrace the freedom to get lost in the blogosphere, read a book, take a nap, watch a movie in the afternoon, or try a new recipe without a reason.  There's always a little voice in the back on my head telling me I could be doing more, judging my daily choices, projecting regrets.  I try not to notice.  My goal is to stay in the moment, and if in the moment I'm not saving the world, or writing a novel, or changing the fine art photography world, so be it.  I like giving myself permission to, at times, do nothing.  This stage won't last forever, so I'm embracing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment