Friday, December 31, 2010

Core Story

Today's reverb 10 prompt: Core Story

What central story is at the core of you, and how do you share it with the world?

The story at my core has been about my work.  Post college I had an entry level job at MTV which  transformed into much, much more.   I seemed destined to have a career, to travel, to manage others, to create, to lead, to learn and to grow in ways I never imagined.  Doors opened and I kept stepping through them until one day I wondered what it would be like to experience another path.  One that didn't consume as much time.  One that wasn't riddled with back stabbing colleagues and politics.  What if I said no and found another way?  Fifteen months ago a portal opened putting me on that exact road.  Ironically, In 2010 the absence of work has been at the core of my story.  The pendulum has swung from one extreme to the other and although gratitude and joy have defined 2010, I know my true destiny is in finding balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment