Sunday, December 19, 2010

Healing

Today's reverb 10 prompt:  Healing

What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?

Food.  After a detox at the end of 2009 I started 2010 invigorated, and committed to changing my eating habits.  Always on the healthier side of the eating spectrum, I didn't have far to go to make the adjustment.  I bought a juicer and started to experiment with smoothie and juice recipes.  I preferred farmers' markets to grocery stores, cooking to eating out, whole foods to processed ones, legumes to meat.  I gave up Diet Coke, a guilty pleasure I've been carrying around since I was a teen.  When I eat a balanced, healthy diet I feel incredibly good.

How would I like to be healed in 2011?  By love.

No comments:

Post a Comment