Monday, December 20, 2010

Avoidance

Today's reverb 10 prompt:  Beyond Avoidance

What should you have done this year but didn’t because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing?

I cannonballed into the deep end of 2010.  I truly cannot think of something I wanted to do, but didn't pursue.  In fact, it was a year of realizing many things I put off in the past out of fear and or lack of time.  Tackling my digital camera, shooting every day, taking classes was something I've always wanted to do, and I'm doing it.  Committing to my yoga practice, check.  Starting a blog, check.  Dating, check.  Spending quality time with friends, check.  Being in the moment, check.  Traveling to unexplored places, check.  Saying no, when no was the right answer, check.  Letting go of things I don't need to grasp tightly, check.  Saying yes, when yes was the right answer, check.  Being spontaneous, check.  Being quiet, check.  Taking care of myself, check.  Asking for help, check.  Trusting the process, check.  I don't believe in shoulds, and 2010 was exactly how it was supposed to be.  I look forward to the unfolding adventure in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment