Saturday, December 11, 2010

Eleven Things

Today's Reverb 10  prompt:  11 Things.

What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?

I've been clearing, cleaning and cleansing for the past 15 months.  Are there 11 things still left to get rid of? Perhaps.

1.  Self destructive behavior which can vary in form -- not getting enough sleep, sugar, pushing myself beyond my limit, not eating right.  Sometimes I think I'm super human and incredibly resilient, but I'm not.  I'd like to honor my limitations in 2011. My overall health and physical well-being will thank me.

2.  The occasional social cigarette, my way of being "bad".  Seemingly the perfect complement to a glass of wine and conversation.  It never is.  I ALWAYS regret it and feel the consequences the next day.  I need to have greater will power and just say NO.

3.  The clutter in my garage.  I made a huge dent at a recent garage sale, but I have a few more things to sell and a little more organizing to accomplish.

4.  People who drain my energy.  It's not always easy for me to put myself first, but I need to remind myself that some relationships don't serve me well and it's okay to have wonderful memories and move on.

5.  The desire to hibernate instead of getting out of the house and being a little more social.  This one conflicts with item number one.  Not always easy to differentiate the two.

6.  Negative thoughts.  Stay positive, optimistic and always surrender.  Just trust the universe knows best!

7.  Wasting time online.  When ennui sets in it's time to turn off the computer and do anything else!

8. Not voicing my concerns.  Silencing my intuition has never lead to anything positive.  In fact, it's most often the thorn in my Achilles heal that has the power to bring me down.

9.  Avoiding conflict.  Sometimes it's unavoidable.  Telling someone the truth even if it is going to result in pain or conflict is often the only road to take.   Getting clear on what needs to be communicated is essential, as is the timing.

10.  Being hard on myself.  I'm often more loving and forgiving of others than I am towards myself.  Holding myself to higher standard is a lose/lose situation.  My imperfections are what make me human, authentic, and what the hell . . . beautiful!

11.  Fears about the future.  I'm going to TRUST and BELIEVE all my dreams and deepest desires will be fulfilled.

2 comments:

  1. XXXXXXXXXXX

    Eleven BESOS para ti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all the lists. What amazing lives we will all have if we can let go of even a fraction of these. What amazing lives we already have...

    ReplyDelete