Thursday, May 24, 2012

Gaga for these GIRLS

God bless Lena Dunham for coming along with her spectacularly, singular point of view, and for fashioning a contemporary and witty series about female friendship.  I'm no longer 20something living in NYC, but I can relate to GIRLS from both the experiences I had then, and the ones I continue to have with the women who know me to the core, who I trust with my secrets, who love me, and who make me laugh.  Some of them have been in my life for decades, some much more recent, but they have all made my life impossibly richer.  Lena's uninhibited storytelling is honest, raw and hilarious.  Her direction exudes a confidence so rare among young women.  She is a breath of fresh air, and I hope she gets to execute her vision for many, many more seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment