Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Great Escape

I've surrendered to being sick.  Another day of canceled plans. Another day of not leaving the house.  Another day of toast, saltines, oatmeal and water.  I awoke early and without getting out of bed picked up the book on my nightstand.  I  escaped into the pages of the novel as if I was swimming in a warm, gentle ocean.  I was transported, energized, and enveloped by the vivid storytelling.   Given my sabbatical-status, I've been surprised I haven't been reading more.  I've always been passionate about nonfiction and lament when I don't have the time to dedicate to novels.  Yet the last couple of months I've struggled to find books that hold my interest.  I started several books I didn't finished and finished several books out of obligation.  Although I hope I'm able to get out of bed tomorrow, I look forward to cracking the spine of a new book and getting lost all over again.  The picture was taken in my TV room.

5 comments:

  1. Check out The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - horrible title, fabulous novel.
    And feel better soon!
    (found you via 21 5 800)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't ir aweinspiring -- and so true to LA. I'm now on "Music for Torching"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh for pete's sake, it posted me as my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love A.M Homes - you must try the safety of objects and Jack.
    Im on the art e course with you, looking forward to getting messy and having fun xx jenny

    ReplyDelete