Thursday, June 24, 2010

Exploration

A few days have passed and I'm in need of a topic for my blog.  It's officially summer so naturally I have considered writing about the joys of the season.  I could focus on the ones of my youth marked by the Garden State's abundant supply of tomatoes and corn, and the endless, carefree days spent swimming and bike riding, culminating in a family vacation. Or perhaps there's something to explore about a life which resembles a blinding, albeit brief flame, a topic sparked by the recent documentary about John Lennon I caught on cable.  Or there is the merry birthday celebration I attended last night at a bar resembling a speakeasy with a secret closet entryway complete with clothes on prop hangers.   I'm not a bar person. I prefer gatherings in backyards or living rooms, but this intimate hideaway was perfect, and the live Cuban music rocked.  I already long to return.  Or perhaps I could write about the unknown waters I navigate as I dip my toe back into the job market.  My days are peppered with meals, meetings and conversations about the ever-changing television landscape, the opportunities that may exist and my ideal future gig.  As a result of this search, I could ruminate on how this summer is less carefree than the ones of my youth and illuminate the challenge of embracing the possibilities presented by summer and unemployment while looking two feet ahead and planning for the future.  All potential topics waiting to be explored.  This photo was taken in Baja Sur, Mexico.

1 comment:

  1. looking back - staying present - looking ahead is a bit of a balancing act for me. Especially the looking ahead - necessary for planning but I can so easily be stuck in planning mode.

    Always enjoy coming here to get a little "food for thought"

    ReplyDelete