Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Woody Allen asks all the right questions --  Is there a God?  What is love?  What is the point?  He searches for the answers with comedic brilliance.  He makes me laugh, he makes me think, he makes me fall in love with Manhattan, Paris and Barcelona.  He makes me crave romance.  I can't think of at time when Woody Allen wasn't on my radar.  I remember dinner conversations about SLEEPER and fashion inspired by ANNIE HALL.  I remember seeing New York City through Allen's lens in MANHATTAN, as if I was seeing it for the first time.  I recognized the power of black and white, and an unxpected sound track.  A few consecutive clunkers caused my interest to wane until I was smitten again by VICKY CHRISTINA BARCELONA.  I was reminded of my life long love affair with the imitable filmmaker when I recently watched WOODY ALLEN: A DOCUMENTARY by Robert Weide.  Woody is an inspiring artist and I hope he continues to make movies for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment