Thursday, November 10, 2011

Identity

Due to a prior engagement downtown, I was the last one to arrive at a dinner party where the only person I knew was the hostess, and our connection was just starting to develop.  The guests were already immersed in conversation, and red wine.  Introductions were made, and one woman asked, "you're a photographer?"  I stumbled, never having been identified that way especially in a group with heavy ties to Hollywood.  "I take photographs", was my hesitant reply.  "I stare at you all day, your face, your photograph."  That was indeed an interesting icebreaker.  In the smallness that is Hollywood, a fb friend purchased my profile photo last year, and the framed image hangs on a wall outside this woman's office.

1 comment:

  1. Oooo... I LOVE this story and I really love this image.

    ReplyDelete