Sunday, November 20, 2011

Reflecting

Reflecting on the speed of life, the conundrum of how quickly my life is passing while at the same time I can encounter monotony from wondering if certain experiences will manifest in this lifetime.  Is the answer to live without expectations?  Perhaps, but if that's the equivalent of letting go of dreams, I'm not so eager to partake.  A puzzle I've written about before, this desire to let go and still live a fulfilled life.  I have moments, many actually, when I am completely filled with joy, but then I look down and realize there's no net.  Lately the downward glance is a mere moment, an acknowledgement, and then I keep walking, one foot in front of the other, focused.  Easier to do when I'm satiated creatively, and emotionally which I have been.  I feel connected, energized, and committed.  As we begin a week focused on gratitude, I am thankful for that and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment