Sunday, April 29, 2012

Five Days

After dropping SJP and CB off at the airport this morning, Al and I killed the hours before her flight  with one last chat by pool, a successful pit stop at Trina Turk, and lunch at the Viceroy.  When I returned home, I already missed hearing their voices, their bursts of laughter, and their scents.    The house was incredibly alive these past five days with their energy and love.   Being together again, reuniting after, we actually couldn't remember the last time the four of us were together, brought me so much joy.   They are my touchstones.  Our experiences, and the influence they have had in my life are forever imprinted on my soul.  Not surprisingly, being with them was emotional -- a reminder of how fast the years pass, how full my life is without them in the day to day, and yet the evident void created by their absence.  Our connection is more than just nostalgic, it lives in the present.  I love the women they've become, and I believe we'd still be friends if fate introduced us at this stage in life.  I wonder what it would be like to have them in close proximity again, to share the random weekday dinner, or Saturday afternoon museum exhibit.  Anticipating their visit, I was aware some experiences are significant in retrospect and others, like these past five days, would be remarkable from the first hug hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment