Monday, May 30, 2011

365 Days









































Oh, what a bittersweet day!  365 days ago I joined a group on Flickr committing to take a self portrait every day.  My goal was to have a daily reason to pick up my new camera, a creative assignment to get the juices flowing.  Some days the task was completed effortlessly with joy and satisfactory results.  Other days I struggled with ennui, dirty hair or no tripod.  Along the way I learned many things:  I am a one day at time person.   I realized I never focused on reaching the end goal.   My attitude was I'd do it for as long as I could, for as long as I wanted to do.  I bent the rules when needed.  I confess, I made  allowances for a few days missed due to travel or a hectic schedule.  Instead of being rigid, and giving up on the project I tacked the days on, so in truth I started this venture 388 days ago.  I often had to wrestle with my critical voice which showed up in front of and behind the camera.   Not an easy demon to slay, but as a result I have a clearer vision of myself, and I like who I see.  This assignment anchored me in the present and gave me   an amazing digital diary of an exceptional year in my life.  I'll always be grateful that I had the time to explore such a project and document the many adventures of my 46th year.  I posted 40 photos, the first, last and 1 for every 10 days in between.  Good bye 365 Days.  I'll miss you!

4 comments:

  1. AWESOME journey, Beauty! So glad I jumped on the wagon with you. Indeed, it has been an extraordinary year, the perfect transition to what I am sure will only be more exceptional.

    BRAVA!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this post. Some wonderful images. It does not have to be goodbye. But a new beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow M so fantastic. Into spective. Somehow reading what you wrote and seeing those pics made me want to divide that word! xSTACY

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! what a journey - both for the photographer and the subject. :)

    xo belisa

    ReplyDelete