Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Unexpected


Trying to find the trail for a hike to Golden Gate Park proved more difficult than expected when the arrows along the path dead ended. Undaunted my friend and I carried on, engaged in conversation while smelling the intoxicating eucalyptus. We let go of the trail needing to be something it wasn't. We were happy to be meandering in nature.  And then something unexpected happened.  In the middle of nowhere, on a route we had assumed was "wrong", words of wisdom crafted from straw and metal magically appeared.  Smiles resulted.   Viewing art in a museum or gallery always elevates my mood, but coming upon an installation unexpectedly, especially one that was witty and perfectly in sync with the environment, made my day. 

2 comments:

  1. I love running into life's surprises right on time~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if it's an artifact from that ancient civilization that ascribed the word to a presidential hopeful? It is a wondrous sight, even if ithas now stuck Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" in my hed.

    ReplyDelete