Saturday, July 17, 2010

Changing Moments

I like to think of myself as a stay-in-the-moment type of person.   I've always believed nothing is static -- the good, the bad, the unremarkable.  Everything is fluid, always moving.  This too will pass.  This perspective allows me to be grateful for where I am, especially if the moments I'm experiencing are of intense joy.  If sadness permeates my day, I remind myself nothing is forever.  This too is fleeting.  I don't believe in getting too far ahead of myself into the future.  The realm of "what if" can often be littered with anxiety.  Anticipation breeds expectation and excitement which can often lead to let down.  How does one temper expectation without dousing excitement?  How does one dream while staying tethered to the moment?  Nothing has changed in my life, yet I'm anticipating a shift. I smell it like a fresh pot of coffee wafting through the house on an early Saturday morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment