Monday, January 16, 2012

Steve Jobs

The last few months I've taken to listening to audio books while driving to the lot, the desert, random meetings and errands.  It seemed only right to download the Steve Jobs Biography on itunes and listen to it on my iphone while driving past life side bus station ads for ipads.  I'm thrilled to be living in the information age, and appreciate the benefits of consumer technology, a vision Steve Jobs had decades ago.  An interesting, complicated, and brilliant man for whom I'm grateful, but whose social behavior and management style was cringe worthy.  He seemed to be missing a fundamental capacity for compassion, yet he knew how to turn on the charm, or tears to get what he wanted.  I share and appreciate his aesthetic for modern design, clean food, and telling it like it is.  I have certainly benefited from his life, and for that I am thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment