Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Unconditional




AGA is the delightful daughter of my oldest and dearest friend. At seven, she's older than when her mother and I first met and bonded for life. We live on different coasts so our visits are unfortunately infrequent, but when we do see each other AGA gives me long, affectionate hugs. We chat and giggle, and I adore looking into her big brown eyes. I've loved her unconditionally since she was a seed in her mother's womb. Last night we met for dinner at a rooftop garden, we discussed her plans for the summer, and played with the photo booth app on my ipad. We laughed uncontrollably at the horrific images. She leaped into my arms when it was time to say goodbye, her soft curls nestled in my neck. "I always wanted your hair,"her mother said, "and now I've gotten it."

No comments:

Post a Comment