Friday, June 10, 2011

Reality

When DS and I first started to hatch our plan to form a company it didn't seem real.  It was a dream, an idea between two friends, which we kept confidential for several months.    When the time was right we slowly released the secret like helium escaping from a balloon.  When we left our first meeting with our  future agents I turned to DS and said, "Now it feels real".  Several months later, in the elevator after our first meeting with studio presidents where we discussed our philosophy and goals, the same expression escaped my lips.  Only days before I was battling the fumes and congestion in Hanoi.  The dream was still a notion, but after articulating our vision to executives who are in the business of making television, it started to become very real.  Today we were shown several potential offices on the lot and we immediately knew which one would be our home.  The charming, old suite of offices with venetian blinds and curved windows in a historic building bearing the name Clark Gable.  As we walked back to our cars I  laughed at myself, as I uttered the words, "now it seems real" putting a stamp on the magnitude of the day. I've worked in this industry for 24 years.  I've seen and experienced a  lot from the various positions I've held, and I've experienced some disappointment, so I don't take this excitement for granted.  I love that every moment feels crisp, consequential and real.

1 comment:

  1. DREAMS really do come true!!!!!!! Let's it it for the real reel!

    ReplyDelete