Saturday, December 4, 2010

Wonder

Today's REVERB10 promt:  Wonder
How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?

Upon reflection,  it seems that everything I did in 2010 created a sense of wonder.  An amazing realization!!!  But one of the most consistent cultivators of wonder in my life is hiking and the profound way it connects me to the universe.   Being enveloped by nature's seasonal transformation has an uncanny ability to release a spectrum of emotions.  I've encountered unexpected tears, infinite joy, deep contentment and pure gratitude.  My favorite ritual is to find a perch at the top of the mountain, a place to sit cross legged and just breathe.  After a few minutes of meditation, I open my eyes and float like a bird above the expansive city below.   I'm at one with both the grandness of the universe and the fragility of life.  The world becomes still and clear, as do my needs.  My heart knows this is happiness, this is joy, this is love.  This is a gift I can give myself everyday, any day. The gift of wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment