Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Living Vicariously

Some holidays are better on facebook.  Halloween was a bit of a bust this year.  Being in the minority of costumer wearers at a crowded party gypped me from one of the best nights of people watching.   Additionally, I live in a neighborhood unsuited for trick or treaters depriving me from handing out candy to diminutive bumblebees, superheros and cartoon characters.  But as the evening progressed more and more posts began to appear on facebook and the holiday turned into a virtual,  this-is-your-life experience.  Friends from college, past colleagues, and children of grade school buddies all grinned from status updates and flooded my living room.  I mingled with Frida Kahlo, Edie Beale, Rachel Zoe, Cleopatra, Crabs, a kitten and gumby.  Images of carved pumpkins began to glow next to posts of sugary loot.  Sans grease paint and the remnants of Dots in my molars,  but a Halloween party all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment