Saturday, November 27, 2010

Recharge

I crave days like today.  If too much time passes without unstructured hours of solitude and possibility stretched out before me like a cat sprawled out on a couch, I get cranky.   Socializing and entertaining kicked into high gear early in the month leaving little time for my creative endeavors.  My self portraits, snapped on the fly, became obligatory.  I shamefully admit, several days passed without me  completing the task.  The assignments for an online art class piled up in my in box, unread.  But then there was today.  After meeting a friend for a glorious morning hike in the crisp autumn air followed by a stop at the farmer's market, I spent hours painting with watercolors and taking photographs.  In between creative pursuits I made a pot of lentil soup.  Through out the day I even completed mundane tasks -- paying bills, making a to-do list for the week, organizing holiday plans -- and felt a rush of accomplishment.  As the sun settled into the horizon, rain began to fall -- the perfect sound signaling the end of a flawless day.

1 comment:

  1. I know how this feels . . . . Good to get your creative grove on AND the mundane handled, all while making an appearance on your mountain and your farmer's markets. BRAVA.

    ReplyDelete