Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Heart

After a few weeks away from the mat, it felt good to sweat and chant in my favorite Sunday morning yoga class.  During my practice I often ask the universe for guidance and clarity.  Today I was reminded that all I have to do is be quiet and listen.  The truth is always within reach.  The serpent may try to misdirect me, but if I trust and honor that I DO indeed know what is best for me I will always be guided to the right path.  I spent the afternoon at home, listening to the wind  rattle my windows.  I love my old house, for it has many wonderful attributes, but proper insulation and an effective heating system aren't on the list.  I journeyed back out into the blustery late afternoon for a heart pumping sunset hike.  I captured the magic of the orange orb as it sank below the horizon and stored it in my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment