Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Today

I woke up certain today was Friday and before getting out of bed started to review photos for my This Moment post.  When I logged on to my blog I thought it odd my last entry was from Tuesday.  Didn't I blog yesterday?  Slow morning brain.  A few more seconds passed before I realized today is Wednesday.  Friday is days away. I haven't been fully aware of the days of the week for some time now.  Not much distinguishes Monday from Thursday from Sunday especially now that MAD MEN has ended.  At times it's a little disorienting and on occasion I miss the thrill of anticipating Friday after a long week, but overall it's a wonderful feeling.  Letting go of the traditional week day cycle is like letting go of hand rails on a steep down hill climb.  There are no brakes during the week, just a free fall through time and space.  Of late, I've been letting go of many constructs and belief systems.  I feel freer, lighter, more spontaneous and hopeful.  My days are brimming with satisfaction and joy.  I think about the future, in fact I'm excited about it, but I'm fully present in the here and now, in Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment