Sunday, October 26, 2014

Dial M for Monkey

As if you weren't already on my mind.
As if I needed another reminder that you've been gone for six months.
Six months today you took flight.
A few days ago, looking out the office window, I saw two cats on the back deck.
One curled up on the daybed, the other nestled under the table.
They looked at me, longingly, or perhaps that's what they saw.
First time in 17 years I've ever seen cats hanging around the yard.
Today, while running errands and listening to a random shuffle on a Pandora station
an album title popped up on the car screen --
Dial M for Monkey
from a band, Bonobo, I had never heard of.
If I only could Dial M for Monkey
and have you reappear.
I would, in a heartbeat.
I wish I took more photos of you.
I wish I had moving images of you.
I wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment