Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Going off the Grid

I'm excited to visit Cuba for so many reasons, most of them unexplainable. A strong desire for adventure will often point me in a specific direction, and this one I've contemplated for some time. I've definitely wanted to visit while it's still stuck in time, but with that experience comes limitations. I do not anticipate having access to the Internet, thus modern communication and navigation will not exist. The thought of being technologically untethered is thrilling and daunting. I'm excited to disconnect from work, ignorance will indeed be blissful, but it's the lack of information that I'm used to having 24/7 that will take getting used to. I've also become dependent on constant communication, knowing what friends and family members are doing at any given moment, what the sunset looks like across the country, or who just had a bucket of ice dumped on their head. How much longer Cuba will be isolated is unknown, but it does makes the trip more exhilarating. I look forward to daydreaming, exploration, and getting lost in the moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment