Sunday, March 13, 2011

Yaly

The fading yellow facades in historical Hoi An house many tailors. Red carpet worthy mannequins in silk dresses and suits grace storefront windows giving entree to bolts of colorful silk fabrics.  Any design can be made to order and often in less than 24 hours.  Yaly, an establishment with three stores in this tiny town, has taken the standard and raised it.  They have solved the overwhelming task of choosing designs from catalogs or discarded Vogues by supplying a splendid array of ready made samples.  Fashions worthy of the catwalk are available to try on, alter and redesign.  The workmanship is the highest quality, beading and embroidery by hand, on the finest silks and cottons.  If my luggage had gone missing I could justify a new wardrobe, but short of that I settled on a stretch linen and silk dress which reminded me of a frock I saw in a Chloe ad and a black silk coat I could wear to a formal event or with jeans.  I have my first fitting this morning.  I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment