Saturday, March 28, 2020

No Access

I have been able to endure quarantine with minimal stress or feelings of entrapment due 
to the access we have to hiking trails in Griffith Park and around Lake Hollywood.
Pre C19 I traversed these routes several times a week, but in the past two weeks
I have made daily excursions along the hilly streets in the canyon and the dirt trails in the park.
Yesterday a new ordinance went into effect closing parking lots to many beaches and parks
to curtail large groups of weekenders gathering in public places
It's unclear if it's legal to use local access to trails 
so Scott and I ventured out this morning for a long hike.
It was as if the zombie apocalypse had wiped out the population.
For miles we didn't see another soul.  
The sound of cars humming along the freeway in the distance was scrubbed from the normal background noise.
No planes overhead.  
It was eerie, peaceful, and most likely verboten to be where we were today.
In the near future, I'll stick to the neighborhood streets for my daily strolls.







No comments:

Post a Comment