Thursday, March 19, 2020

Cloistered

Honestly, life right now is surreal.  
The entire population is figuring how to contain and combat this infectious disease.
There's that, and then there's my incongruous reality.
There's a simple serenity to the rhythm of my days.
In addition to working remotely, I marvel at the expansive sky from my windows. 
Mother nature has been putting on a show in Los Angeles. 
Frequent showers, dramatic cloud formations and poetic sunsets.
I've begun The 100 Day Project — a photo a day with my DSLR.
My refrigerator is fully stocked and demands attention.
Morning menu planning leads to intermittent bouts of prep work through out the day.
Long walks in the lush hillside break up the indoor activities. 
I'm not bored or antsy for there's still so much more to tackle.
Then I'll sneeze or Scott will cough and a dark thought will creep across my brain.
Is the enemy already here?
Will the tranquility be replaced by something else?  Will loved ones suffer?
This is only day four.
What will five bring?

These photos were taken on a morning run to Trader Joe's.
I hadn't been there since last Thursday when shoppers were
friendly but their behavior screamed "panic mode".
Today was a different scene:
A line spiraled around the parking lot, mad longer by the distance between shoppers.
A few customers were let in at a time to ensure safety and calm.
Some items are still impossible to find,
but for the most part the shelves were well stocked.
My goal is to avoid stores for the next ten days.
Have we purchased wisely?
Time will tell.









No comments:

Post a Comment