Wednesday, June 15, 2016

New York Eats

During my visits to NY, one of the biggest decisions is where to eat.
The Lower East Side is a hub for inspired, of-the-moment chefs
so I rarely venture into other neighborhoods.

This is where I ate:

Dirt Candy (86 Allen Street)
This Michelin starred vegetarian restaurant is often booked weeks in advance,
but walking in at 10pm without a reservation was the ticket to a table.
Not all of the dishes were successful,
but the Korean fried broccoli, and mushroom pate were outstanding.


Cafe Henrie (116 Forsyth)
Street artist and club owner, Andre Saraiva, has an eatery geared towards my taste.
Dragon bowls, avocado toast, fresh juices, and tahini brownies.
If I lived on the LES, I'd be a regular.


The Smile ( 26 Bond Street)
Tucked into a corner on one of my favorite streets in NoHo,
this cozy restaurant could easily be located upstate, or in Vermont.
Local, unfussy food with a Mediterranean bent.

Santina (820 Washington Street)
In the shadow of The Whitney and The Highline,
this coastal Italian restaurant immediately transported me to the Adriatic Sea.
Lively environment, unexpected menu.
Go for the chickpea pancake, and stay for everything else.


Ivan Ramen (25 Clinton Street)
When I'm in LA this ramen haunts me,
so it's a mandatory stop when I'm on the LES.


No comments:

Post a Comment