Saturday, May 10, 2014

Recieving




I get immense joy from giving, but being on the receiving end, not so easy for me.  When JOB generously offered to throw me a birthday party in NYC I accepted, but knew I had stepped way outside of my comfort zone.  To be the recipient of so much love makes me feel vulnerable.  For weeks now, just thinking about the party reduced me to tears.  In and of itself, this milestone birthday triggered conflicting emotions, but I was also overwhelmed by the love being directed towards me.  I recalled Brene Brown's belief that vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity and change, and kept walking through the fog banks. 

JOB, on the surface, you threw me a kick ass birthday party illuminated by the Empire State Building, serenaded by a Latin Jazz trio, and surrounded by my friends.  On a deeper level,  you gave me the experience of receiving with grace, and opening up my heart to the hearts that encircle me.  No surprise, tears are streaming down my face as I write this.  Still blown away.  I love you.

1 comment:

  1. "-)))) I GOTCHA!
    The pleasure + true honour is and always will be mine, mG.

    ReplyDelete