Saturday, May 10, 2014

24 Hour Celebration

After delays due to weather, a delinquent car service, and construction on the BQE I finally arrived at  CB's loft at 130am, exhausted.  But finding my childhood friend engaged in lively conversation with my college roommate, I immediately perked up.  It was a Friday night after all, and the reason we were coming together was to celebrate my birthday.  We finally crawled into bed at 230am, and awoke early to sunny skies despite the meteorologists gloomy forecast.  Meandering on the lower east side on a sunny spring morning added a jolt of excitement.  SJP joined us for a walk across The Brooklyn Bridge, a structure I had never crossed on foot.  My brother, who had spent the night in Brooklyn, met us half way.  Epic. Epic. Epic  Hard to believe this was just the precursor to a celebration that evening.  Storm clouds moved in during our late lunch in Little Italy, and a run through Chinatown under big raindrops was exhilarating.  Day transitioned to late afternoon, thunder and lightning performed overhead, and it was time to shift focus to a little pre-party primping.








No comments:

Post a Comment