Monday, October 7, 2013

Sharp Teeth



I purchased this book long ago at a book party, had it signed, and intended to read it.  Instead it sat on my shelf collecting dust while I read many other books.  Like a destination I circled on the map, but hadn't yet visited.  The book received praise from friends, reviewers, and graced end of the year best book lists, and still it remained on my shelf.  Truthfully I forgot about it until a writer recently mentioned it, motivating me to finally crack it open.  A gift had been waiting for me all these years tucked away in my office.  This is an absolutely spectacular novel.  The verse is poetic, the story inspired, and sorrowful.  I devoured it in 24 hours.  So sad to have the experience end, I may have to read it twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment