Friday, October 25, 2013

The Big Apple

Months have passed since I've seen JOB.  Travel, work and living 90 miles apart make it increasingly more difficult for us to get together.  When we realized we were going to be in Manhattan at the same time we carved out an afternoon for a long over due catch up, and oodles of art.

My arrival coincided with a drop in temperature.  Walking uptown, it was obvious winter coats, hats and scarves were worn by many for the first time this season.  By the end of the day, when I met another friend in Tribeca for dinner, my feet were sore, and for good reason.  I calculated I had walked more than 11 miles, in boots!   After being away for months I just wanted to soak it all in; the vibrant street fashions, the  store fronts time hasn't altered, and that New York City pizza smell.  At the end of day, even with throbbing feat, I was very happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment