Thursday, January 10, 2013

Forward Bend



This is one of my favorite postures.  I love the release in my shoulders, and lower back, and setting free the tension in my head and neck.  Naturally, I responded to this poem by Claudia Cummins.

Counting to 10, biting the tongue, walking away, closing the door.
Falling forward. (Uttanasana, although any forward bend will do).

Strong legs, softening heart.
Waiting, settling, breathing.
Feeling the stretch, sensing the resistance.
Noting the invitation to let go of it all.
Settling the mind, the breath, the body.

Heavy, light. Dense, open. Draining, filling.
Restoring, regaining balance.
Relinquishing the melodrama, the storyline, the angst.
Just breathing, just being. Recovering faith.
Finding space again to breathe and move.

Standing back up. Opening the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment