Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Blossom

In Southern California's subtle advancement of seasons, there's still something about spring that makes my heart soar.  In my yard, the ocotillo trees have bright orange blossoms and my favorite hiking trail is unrecognizable due to the dazzling yellow brittlebush.  My extensive travels the past few months combined with the effects of global warming have disrupted any sense I have of time.  Perhaps that's why I'm even more elated to find myself in the middle of this glorious season, a season drenched in promise for the unfolding year.  My already high spirits were escalated this evening when I received news from a friend that the Chinese baby her and her husband registered to adopt five and a half years ago has finally been assigned.  I opened the email to see her photo, and my heart was flooded with joy.  Hope springs eternal on this beautiful April evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment