Monday, August 23, 2010

Muse Monday - Marian Bantjes


Marian Bantjes is a graphic artist whose philosophy inspires me as much as her arresting designs. In her TED talk Marian addresses why she has chosen to create art for the masses.
I’m seeding the imagination of the populist. Inspiration is cross-pollinating.
How she spends her time and what she creates is also essential to her process.
What is worthwhile? What is it that is worth spending my time on and life on in this way? Working in the commercial world this is something that I do have to struggle with at times. And yes, sometimes I’m swayed by money, but ultimately I don’t consider that a worthy goal. What makes something worthwhile for me is the people I work for or with, the conditions I work under and the audience I am able to reach. So I might ask who is it for, what does it say, and what does it do.

Her book I WONDER will be published in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment