Monday, January 1, 2018

Twenty Eighteen

2017 will be remembered for the fragility of our democracy.
A year when white male entitlement and fear of progress put a man in office 
who is mentally unstable and unfit to govern.
We have been besieged with lies, greed and corruption.
The year started with womens' marches and the call to resist.
It ended with a sonic reckoning which is still reverberating. 
Wildfires, hurricanes and floods, heightened by climate change, had me on edge.
And yet, in the shadow of so much destruction and darkness
my personal life soared.
The kindest of men entered my life
and a project I love and believe in was green lit to series.
Producing in NY was a satiating adventure.

Turning the page on a new year, countless untold stories yet to unfold,
I walked on the water's edge with optimism and a full heart.
Happy 2018.










1 comment: