Saturday, September 26, 2015

Saturday Brooklyn Style


It's a few days into autumn on the east coast,
the temperature is slightly cooler,
the days a tad shorter, the sun less menacing.
Summer is receding in the review mirror.
Often when I travel my Saturdays resemble my routine at home.
I traded my mountain trail for a "hike" across the Williamsburg Bridge
to The Flea in Fort Greene.
Long stretches along trash strewn avenues were less than interesting,
but there were also pockets of superlative people watching,
 and rows of renovated brownstones.
I stumbled upon a farmers market, and sampled sweet green heirloom tomatoes.
I ate lunch in DUMBO, near the iconic waterfront,
before returning to the LES via the Manhattan Bridge.
A very satisfying 8 mile urban loop.




No comments:

Post a Comment