Friday, March 7, 2014

My 40s

This recently published NY Times  article about being in your 40s
is making the rounds in social media.
It's a topic I've been thinking about a lot lately.
In this decade I've gained wisdom, and perspective while my youth faded further into the distance.
I'm more balanced because my life has more balance.
I've taken big risks, and they have served me well.
I'm grateful for my courage, clarity, and conviction.
The depths of my friendships continue to anchor me.
My aspirations are as strong as they were 25 years ago.
I feel whole.
There are no compartments where I separate my personal life from my profession one.
I have one wardrobe. 
My dreams are as vibrant and detailed as when I was young.
There is so much more I want to achieve and experience.
Will there be enough time?
The alternative would be for my life to be behind me instead of beckoning me to move forward
with excitement and awe.



1 comment: