Monday, June 10, 2013

Summer Project

I gave myself a summer photography project in the hopes of stirring my creative juices.  Over the course of eight weeks, each week would be assigned a different color of the rainbow, starting with violet.  Every day of that corresponding week, I would shoot something with that color prominently featured.  Violet was inspiring, in part due to the amazing blooming jacarandas.  Indigo has proven to be far more difficult, and instead of stirring creativity, it shut me down.  Street signs, garbage cans, a kombucha bottle -- not very exciting subjects, at least not through the lens of my camera.  And yet I posted these dull photos, for a few days anyway, in the name of commitment, before abandoning the attempt. Today is the beginning of a new week, and a new color; blue.  Not very different from indigo.  Do I jump ship, or keep posting obligatory pics that make me cringe every time I open my blog?  Do I cheat, and cull indigo photos from my library?  Committing to this project and finding satisfaction in my results is mirroring my larger mental status.  I'm at a crossroads in my life.   Weighing options, remaining open, but uncertain if I'm coming or going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment