Saturday, December 1, 2012

Reverb 12 - One Word

Encapsulate the year 2012 in one word. Explain why you're choosing that word. Now, imagine it's one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2013 for you?

Love.  My father's death, more accurately his dying made me experience a deep and profound love for him, myself and life.  I understood him, and our connection better in the last few weeks of his life than ever before.  The feeling, the love, cracked me open and made me realize how much love there's always been in my life, and how much I experience it every day. 

Is there a word better than love?  What can one hope for in 2013 beyond what I've experienced in 2012?   I'm going to chose the word open, because that's what I wish for; to be open to the journey, and all that is possible. May I be open to experience and explore whatever presents itself in the unfolding new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment