Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Wild

My mind, body and soul craved one thing this weekend: to get lost in a good book.  After weeks of crisis and a frenetic schedule I needed to unwind.  Social chatter was proving more and more difficult, as was attending to errands and my work to-do list.  Given the holiday weekend, I cleared two days and dedicated a greater part of them to reading Cheryl Strayed's WILD.  I knew from the synopsis it was going to be the perfect antidote.  A young woman in a downward spiral due to her mother's untimely death commits to 100 days backpacking on the Pacific Coast Trail.  I was comforted by her journey, the depths she needed to explore to heal and regain her footing.  I feel slightly off kilter, and I too am searching for my own challenge, a way to make sense of the last few months.  A way to gain perspective.




No comments:

Post a Comment