Friday, June 15, 2012

One

Happy Anniversary Sticks!   A year ago, we officially launched our company.  It's been everything I hoped for, and twelve months in, the newness and excitement still exists.  The most challenging aspect of the job is that NOTHING happens as fast as I want it too.  In fact, yesterday, after a four month negotiation we finally have a project set up at AMC.  A few more creative steps need to occur before writing can commence which means we may not be able to make the early August cut off date.  Which means, a project we started developing in October '11 may not even be in pilot consideration until April '13.  Doing the math kills me, so I do everything I can to enjoy the moment, the process.  And I do.  I love the freedom I have now to work uninterrupted hours from home, to find inspiration from endless sources, to spend hours with talented writers, to wake up calm every day of the week.  I'm so grateful for all of this, and the truth is, production will change everything that I love about now.  But my impatience still gets the best of me.  I want to know it's all possible.  I want to know it will all turn out okay.  Such a familiar haunting feeling.  Every day I surrender, and trust the "right" thing will happen, even though I know from experience the right thing doesn't always make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment