Sunday, July 24, 2011

To and Fro

My brain is flooded with various ideas for television series, characters and their potential arcs, a condition that makes me happy.  I'm drawn to narrative storytelling, and I'm used to looking at my life, and the lives of others, real and fictional, through this lens.  It was this specific creative muscle I missed flexing when I wasn't working.  I consciously filled the void with my camera.  I strung visual moments together to tell stories where I was often the reluctant subject.  My days were frequently shaped by places I wanted to shoot, a luxury I can no longer afford.  Unfortunately, as I've become more immersed in work, I'm taking fewer and fewer photographs.  My goal is to balance these two different mediums whose process and outcome are equally loved.  The result, a new photography series to be shot on the way to and from work while stopped at a red light or caught in traffic.  As an added bonus, perhaps the least favorite part of my job, the commute, will be an artistic outlet, a time to enjoy the landscape behind my dashboard and remain in the now.

No comments:

Post a Comment