Friday, April 1, 2011

Upside Down

I wonder if this is what narcolepsy feels like.  One minute I'm awake, going about my day, and then boom I crash hard.  My head is filled with deep twisted dreams, and hours have escaped before I open my eyes again.  Stiff neck, tight jaw.  I have that vivid, yet hazy recall of car chases, kidnappings, and natural disasters.  I'm certain there is calamity at ever turn.  Sometimes I feel too drugged to get up, and instead surrender to the dark underworld of my mind for another hour.  Usually I reach my peak at 2am.  I'm alert and eager to finally take that hike, but it's pitch black outside.  The afternoons I've been able to join the living I feel like a kid on summer vacation, acutely aware of the freedom granted by my unstructured life.  Everything feels right as if the planets are aligned as I move forward into uncharted, yet familiar territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment