Sunday, April 12, 2020

Virtual Life

During the fourth week of quarantine I dove into the deep end of virtual gatherings.
I took an early morning pilates mat class.
My monthly book group had a successful and lively zoom.
On a wet and gloomy day, I met high school friends for a late afternoon cocktail. 
Friday night, Scott and I transitioned into the weekend by having a dinner party with friends in SF.
I craved a shower before we gathered around our respective tables,
but I still wore lounge attire and skipped the makeup.
After spending the better part of an hour on Saturday setting my mother up on zoom 
we had a delightful family gathering on Easter morning.
  
I don't know what is more bizarre; quarantine or the way I've assimilated.
Although the pandemic is still gut wrenching,
I can handle reading the news before bed without compromising my sleep.
To avoid grocery stores, I support local restaurants turned pantries.
We are eating well and for the most part, kitchen experiments have been satisfying and successful.
I remain grateful.
We are both still employed, healthy and share our space with ease.
An unseasonably cold and wet April has been both a comfort and challenge.
The weather lends itself to nesting and home projects, but it can also trigger ennui.
Even if my TV viewing is for work, too many hours in front of a large screen
exhausts me.
I need to move.
I need fresh air even if that means walking in the rain with a mask shielding my nose and mouth.









No comments:

Post a Comment