Thursday, June 21, 2018

Day 20

Summer Solstice.
Air is heavy yet cool as the early evening marine layer rolls in.
En route to yoga, traveling slowly on Sunset Boulevard
I snap the lens cap off my camera.
This photography project is still an obligation.
The flip hasn't switched yet to creative bliss
and every day I drag my ass to the finish line.
The first day of summer is not bucking the trend.
One of these days, I tell myself, I will feel differently.
Inspiration will find me.
Until then I hit the shutter to complete the project.
Sitting in traffic I looked up and this image shouted at me.
"Shoot me"
I barely had a second to focus and snapped three images.
One was semi-blocked by the rear view mirror,
another had crappy composition
and then there was this one,
a happy accident. 

No comments:

Post a Comment